At Meloon Foundries, we offer our clients the best in sand casting. Our no-bake and green sand casting methods can handle your heavy, large and complex castings up to 93″ long, 93″ wide and 48″ high. Our castings can be corrosion resistant, heat and wear resistant and tested for tensile strength and Brinell hardness.
Meloon can handle a wide variety of aluminum and copper based alloys. We also offer additional services, such as rapid prototyping, pattern design and production, heat treating and metal certification.
Among the areas we serve are medical, railroad or OEM machine building industries, Meloon is your one-stop-shop for all your sand casting projects. For more information about our sand castings, please contact Meloon Foundries.
- No Bake Molding of an Aluminum Window Grate for the Architectural Industry
- No Bake Molding of an Aluminum Impeller for Centrifugal Blower Builders
- No Bake Molding of an Aluminum Plenum for the Plastic Film Manufacturing Industry
- Green Sand Casting of a Bronze Spider for the Paper Making Industry
- Green Sand Casting of a Bronze Columbarium Face Plate for the Architectural Industry
General Capabilities Heavy Castings
Casting Method No-Bake
Green Sand Casting
Casting Features Corrosion Resistant
Casting Mold Type Single Use Casting Process Materials Green Sand
Casting Length Up to 93 in Casting Width Up to 93 in Casting Height Up to 48 in Thinnest Section Castable 1/8 in Casting Weight Ounces to 2,000 lbs Tolerance (+/-) .030 in Aluminum Alloys SR319
Copper Base Alloys C89833 (Non-leaded C836)
Other Copper Based Alloys as Requested
Additional Services Provided In house Rapid Prototyping
Steel Shot Blasting
Additional Services Available from Qualified Sources X-ray
Quality Control Metallographic Lab
Sand Testing Lab
Production Volume Small to Medium Production Runs Typical Lead Time 4 to 6 weeks
Expedited Services Available